One of the most maddening and upsetting problems that happens to your garage door is trying to open or close your garage door only to find out that it is stuck. Obviously you are trying to go somewhere or you wouldn’t be opening your door, right? Well let us here at neighborhood Garage Door Services help you out and give you a few tips on how to troubleshoot that stubborn stuck overhead garage door.
There can be several reasons as to why your overhead garage door is stuck and not opening when you press the buttons on the remote or on the keypad. First thing that you will need to do is try and figure out what the reason is that is causing your door to stick, examine the door and see if you can figure out the problem. Once you find the problem then you will want to get it fixed right away for your convenience, if it is something easy enough to fix then you can try and do it yourself but if it becomes too complicated then call a professional to come out and repair it.
Reasons That Your Overhead Garage Door May Be Stuck
- Bad Garage Door Opener: Release the manual door release and then try lifting the garage door it should be relatively light, if it won’t open freely it could mean that the rollers are bad or that the garage opener is bad.
- Broken Spring: If you check the spring that’s above the garage door and find that it’s broken that could also cause the door to not work.
- Broken Cables: The cables are the main component yo opening and closing the garage door, if they are broken then the door will not open.
- Batteries: The garage door opener remote is powered by batteries, if they are bad then that means that the remote will not work and therefore will not open the door.
- Bent Track: If the track is bent in any spot it will prevent the garage door from opening at all because the door can not glide smoothly up and down the track.
There are several reasons that can cause your garage door not to open and/or close right, therefore causing the the door to become stuck. Whatever the reason is we understand that having a working garage door is an important part of your everyday routine, and want you to be able to find and solve the problem as soon as possible.
When To Call A Professional To Repair The Problem
Do not be afraid to call a garage door professional out to repair the problem for you if you find yourself struggling to fix it yourself. If you try doing it yourself you could risk doing it wrong and causing the problem to be way worse than what it was, Neighborhood Garage Door Services of Stamford Connecticut wants you to be as safe as possible when troubleshooting your stuck garage door.