Vinyl garage doors are a very popular choice for a new door. Our customers love this type of door. There are several reasons why this material is often used for new equipment. Here are the pros and cons of installing vinyl garage doors.
The Pros of Vinyl Garage Doors
Many of our customers love the versatility of vinyl. There are many great reasons that you might consider this type of door for your home. Here are things to consider:
- Cost effective- compared to other types of materials, vinyl is very cost effective. It is one of the most affordable options if you are looking for a new door.
- Maintenance- there’s literally no maintenance that needs to be done to this type of door. If anything, you might want to occasionally power wash it to remove dirt. Other than that, there’s isn’t anything that needs to be done.
- High durability- this type of door is just about dent proof. You won’t have to worry about damage to the door if your kids’ toys band into it. Generally speaking, small damage isn’t even noticeable on these doors.
- Insulated- if you are looking to insulate your garage, then vinyl is a good solution. Many models come with insulation. You can purchase an insulation kit later on if you do not go with the insulated version.
Many of our customers go with vinyl for these reasons. We think it makes a good option for many people. Our technicians are experienced in building these doors for our customers.
The Cons of Vinyl Garage Doors
If you are thinking about installing vinyl, there are a few cons to think about. Here are things you will want to know about this material:
- No way to change the color- just like vinyl siding, you can’t paint a vinyl door. If you want to change the color of your home and update your garage door, you’ll need to install new door altogether. Other materials are able to be painted.
- Insulation concerns- if you do not buy an insulated garage door, it will be impossible to maintain a constant temperature in your garage.
We don’t recommend this type of material for homeowners that like to change the color of their home often. Also, if you are going to buy this material, we suggest that you get an insulated model for efficiency.
Contact Us Today For an Installation
If you are ready to install a new vinyl garage door, call us today. We can help you through the buying process. Once the door has arrived, we’ll send one of our technicians out to make the installation.
It’s a good idea to have a professional make the installation of your new garage door. Otherwise, if it is not done properly, it will set you up for damage to your new assembly. To avoid that, call us so we can come out and build your new door.