According to Remodeling magazine’s 2016 Cost vs. Value report, a new garage door is one of the top five home repair projects that homeowners invest in. The great thing about this improvement is that it actually has one of the highest returns on investment you can make in your home. Some homeowners have seen upwards of a 90% increase in ROI.
So what does that mean for you? It means that installing a new garage door is a great way to increase your property value without busting your budget.
What to do When You Are Ready For a New Garage Door
After you have made the decision to have a new door installed, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Contact us with your questions and where to purchase a new door
- Decide on the best garage door for your home
- Have our certified technicians come out and make the installation
It is a pretty straightforward process to have a new door installed and the old one hauled off.
How to Choose the Right Garage Door
There are hundreds and hundreds of different garage door designs you can choose from. Each manufacturer offers custom options on every one of their makes and models to ensure you get exactly what you need for your home.
Here’s what you need to consider when buying a new door:
- Budget- take into consideration how much you want to spend on the project in totality. We can give you a price quote of how much it will be to do the install.
- Features- what is important to you about your garage door functionality? Are you looking for insulated, durable, industrial, etc?
- Materials- you can get everything from traditional wood, composite wood, steel, vinyl, and more.
- Style- choose from carriage, industrial, or traditional looks.
- Panel type– in general, there are three types of panels: flush, recessed, and raised.
If you have any questions about the options you can choose from, be sure to ask our team. We will guide you through the buying process.
What to Do On The Day of Installation
Once your new door has been manufactured and delivered, one of our certified technicians will handle the installation. The door will be delivered in pieces and we will build it on site. This ensures that your new equipment is exactly what you need it to be.
On the day we come out to install your new door, here’s what you will need to do:
1. Remove Your Vehicle
We do not want your vehicle inside of the garage while we are building the door. Otherwise, there won’t be space to handle the work. Besides, you do not want your car to have any damage during the installation process.
2. Clean Up The General Area
As a safety precaution, you should clean up your garage as much as possible. Make sure that all of your items are out of the middle of the floor. Remove any large belongings like bikes, lawn mowers, and other things that can’t be stood against the wall.
3. Keep the Area Secure
Make sure that your family and friends know that the installation will take place. Keep your pets and children away from the workers. It is important to understand that the work we do is construction. That means there are safety concerns to consider.
Let Us Help You With Home Improvements
Our team of professionals is able to help you with your new garage door installation. We are ready to install your new equipment and make sure that it is functioning properly. We can’t wait to help you.