If you have turned your garage into a game room or extra living space, then you need a solution to make the floor more inviting. The team here at Neighborhood Garage Door Service of Toledo, OH has a few ideas of what you can cover your garage floor with. Here are 3 of the top options:
1. Area Rugs
One of the easiest and cheapest solutions for the floor is to throw down a few large area rugs. You can even consider rolling out a section of carpet over the floor. We recommend that if you are going to do this, that you put down a padding to insulate the floor and keep the rugs from slipping around.
This is a good option if you don’t want to cover the floor completely. For example, if you have a movie area and you want to give people a place to sit on the floor, an area rug will work well.
There are several different types of tiles you can put down on your garage door floor. These materials include:
- Rigid plastic- great for people that park in their garage or store heavy items. Perfect if you need to cover over deeply stained or cracked floors.
- Flexible rubber- these are great for those that work in their garage and spend a lot of time standing. Not the best option if you park in your garage or store heavy equipment in there.
- Wood composite- generally these are made for basement floors but can be used for the garage. This type is good to keep your floor dry.
You will want to research which type of tile is best for your uses. You can easily install and pull up tiles for replacement if one breaks.
3. Floor Mats
Depending on the type of floor mat you go with, it can be similar to tiles, padded gym mats, or rugs. They are usually made out of rubber or polyvinyl plastic. This type of covering offers you the ability to design your floor the way you like.
Other advantages to floor mats include:
- Easy clean up for chemical spills
- Grooves that capture liquid or dirt
- You can park on them
A mat offers you a lot of versatility in your garage. If you don’t want to cover the entire surface, you can do just a section. You can move the mats easily if you want to rearrange your garage area later on down the line.
Call Us For More Garage Updates
If you want to update the way your garage looks, you might consider having the team here at Neighborhood Garage Door Service of Toledo, Ohio install a new door for you. New garage doors can have upwards of an 80% ROI. Whether you want to get your home ready to sell or just want to make your home nicer, a new floor and a new door will make a big difference. Contact our team now and we will help you get started on picking out a new door.