If you are one of our customers that are considering a new garage door, then you likely know there are a lot of options on the market. Picking the right material is the most important part of a new door. You need to pick a material that will work well for you.
A steel garage door may be a good option for you. Here are the pros and cons of a steel garage door.
The Pros of a Steel Garage Door
Manufacturers have expanded the steel market to appeal to homeowners. In fact, steel doors are the most popular material used for garages. There is every style and color you can think of. Some of the reasons you might want to go with this material include:
- Style- steel offers a modern look for your garage. Many of our customers want to enhance the curb appeal of their home. A steel door will make that easy.
- Durability- this material is very durable and can last for a long time.
- Little maintenance- you don’t have to paint steel doors the way you do ones made of wood. Also, it is not susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures.
- Easy to clean- this material is very easy to clean off. A little soap and water will remove any dirt and grime that gets onto the surface.
A lot of our customers go with this material, because of their needs. They want something that is long lasting, easy to maintain and has the style options they want.
The Cons of a Steel Door
There are a few cons that you should take into consideration when choosing this type of door. Here are a few things to note:
- Dents- steel can dent pretty easily and get scratched.
- Rust- rust can occur on any metal given the right circumstances. You will need to make sure that you take care of any deep scratches.
- Insulation- other materials make for better insulators. That doesn’t mean you can’t have insulation installed, it’s just not the best conductor for insulation. We recommend you choose the highest R-value you can find on steel doors for that reason.
These cons are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind. Many of our customers go with steel doors regardless. They like the design choices and low maintenance aspects of this material.
Contact Us Today For Installation
If you are in the market for a new door, be sure to contact us today. We will have one of our experienced technicians make the installation. After the manufacturer ships the door to your house, we will come out install it for you.
We recommend that you have a professional take care of installations. Our techs will make sure that it is put together the right way. Also, we will balance the door once the install is completed.
Don’t hesitate to call us anytime. We’ve got a team ready to assist you.