Are you looking at buying a new garage door? Many of our customers have a lot of questions about buying something new. Here are some of the top questions we receive.
1. Is a New Garage Door Necessary?
The number one thing people want to know is whether a new door is necessary. Maybe you have had one of our technicians come to your house and suggest you buy something new. No one wants to turn a repair call into a large bill.
Do you really need a new door? Here are a few things to consider when deciding if you need a new door:
- Is there significant damage that can’t be repaired?
- Is there cosmetic damage that is making your curb appeal go down?
- Do you need to sell your home and attract more buyers?
These are a few things to consider when determining if a new door is necessary.
2. What Door Should You Buy?
Once you decide that you need a new door, you will have many options to choose from. There are hundreds of designs to choose from. The best thing to do is list your needs. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself:
- Do I need a door with thick insulation?
- What style matches my house?
- Am I interested in a carriage style door?
- Should I install the same brand that I have installed already?
- What is my budget for the project?
- Do I need a door that has a high R-value?
- What material do I want the door made from?
You will have many custom options you can make when you are ready to purchase your new equipment. Every manufacturer offers different models to meet your needs.
3. How Much Does it Cost to Install a New Garage Door?
The other big question people ask is how much does it cost to get a new garage door. There is more to the cost of the door beside how much the actual product is listed for. You can do a quick google search to find the price of a door, but that doesn’t count the installation fee.
To get the best deal, contact 2 or 3 garage door companies to get written quotes. Then, you will be able to decide which one works best for you. It is also important to check the company’s customer reviews to make sure they are reputable. Just because someone gives you the lowest price, does not mean they are the best option.
4. What if I Install The Door Myself?
Our customers often ask if they can install their own door. Of course, any homeowner has the ability to do what they like. We do not recommend that you do that yourself because a poor installation can cause future damage.
Call Us Today For a Garage Door Quote
Contact us today and we can give you an idea of how much a new door will cost. We may need to send a technician out to your location to give you a better quote. It is always best to have a technician onsite to share the price. They will be able to give you a better idea.
Call us now so we can help you with buying a new garage door.